If you don’t want to hear me blab, then go ahead and Jump to Recipe. I won’t be offended, I’m guilty of the same thing.
A few years ago i received a Star Wars cook book and in it was a recipe for Wookie Cookies. It’s basically a chocolate chip cookie with an added spice-cinnamon. I fell in love with the recipe, and have made it several times since. However, I never actually made it the way the book instructed.
Growing up, my mom never met a cookie or a brownie where she didn’t add pecans, specifically roasted pecans. It wasn’t until I was older that I learned most people don’t put the nuts in the oven prior to adding them to a dough or batter. This is a huge missed opportunity in my opinion because roasting the nut first adds a whole different flavor.
Also, I’m not a fan of semi-sweet chocolate. So we these two things in mind, I made the recipe more me by adding roasted pecans and only using milk chocolate chips.
wookie cookie – modified
- 1⅛ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter one stick at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup roasted pecans
- preheat oven to 375 and prepare cookie sheet*
- combine butter and sugars (brown and granulated) in a mixing bowl until well blended and creamy**
- beat in eggs and vanilla extract
- add flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix until blended
- stir in chocolate chips and roasted pecans
- drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet. leave about 1 in of space between cookies.
- bake until golden brown (between 8 to 10 minutes)
- remove from oven and allow cookies to cool